My cards and prints are availble on Etsy. I'm posting more choices for you every day.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sophie's Serenade

"Sophie's Serenade" 6x8' oil on canvas SOLD

Looking at the paintings I've posted this month you would never know my favorite subjects are people. The problem is getting a model and so photos are often used for reference. Here's the snap-shot I took of my grand-niece and used for this painting:

Often I will compose a painting and then take reference photos, or look up stuff on the 'net to get the specifics right. I seldom paint a photo in it's entirety, even if I took it, and never if I didn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's neat! Sophie is thrilled to be captured in your art :-)

rachelgeneve said...

Not "cute" at all. :) Good work.

Leslie Lee said...

The above comment was after a conversation with Rachel on the phone. When I told her I was painting Sophie and her violin she said "Oh! Cute!" and I replied that was not my intent. Thanks, Rachel.